Ten givens about me.
1. I'm a fan. Yeah, I know, but I don't just mean a media fan. I'm a science fiction fan. I attend, help out in and run conventions. I have a milliion interests, but I can trace many of them to a specific book or writer I like, and the rest to my friends in the fannish world. I am, however, also a media fan, which means I can and do analyse tv shows to death, and write fanfiction about them.
2. I'm an Orthodox Jew. This means I keep kosher, I disappear from before sunset on Friday until after nightfall on Saturday, and there are other factors. I also go nuts during December, but I try hard to keep it out of my journal. Sometimes I even succeed.
3. I'm a slasher. That means that most of the fanfiction I write and read concerns, at least in part, a romance between two male characters, in varying degrees of explicitness. I have managed to reconcile 2 and 3 to my current satisfaction. I do not post stories here - I link to a fiction journal, mamadebfic. All stories are labeled as to slash/het/gen content as well as source material and major characters and all stories *I* deem adult in nature are linked in filtered posts.
4. I'm married. He is jonbaker, and we've been married for 14.5 years at this posting. He occasionally comments here.
We are happily monogamous. At both his request and my own sense of modesty, I do not post personal details about our relationship anywhere on this journal.
5. I'm a receptionist at a real estate agency. Not very exciting, and I do get bored. This may produce stories.
6. I'm very much about the meta. Whatever my current fandom, I do have a tendency to write essays or just general comments about the source material, and I love reading that stuff.
7. I am multifandom. But I tend to write in one fandom at a time. That means I'm reading/watching several source materials (ex: House, SGA and DC Comics) but mostly writing Harry Potter. This can and probably will change. Also, I don't leave fandoms completely.
8. I love cooking. Everything I make is kosher, and I do nothing difficult, although jonbaker thinks I'm nuts for saying that. And so if I come up with something yummy, I will write about it. I'll also post menus for Shabbat and Yom Tov (Jewish holidays.)
9. I write birthday stories. I'm taking a break right now, but if I get back in the mood and I know your birthday, I might just ask you what you want. See 5. It won't be high art, though. I like random pairings - I just need to know all the source material.
10. I don't discuss politics. I'm politically liberal, with some exceptions, and I feel very strongly about Israel, but I don't like arguing politics for the simple reason that I'm very bad at it. I get too emotional, and that's just not a good thing.